St. Edmund Hall

09:11, 28/12/2017 628 0 0 0


 United Kingdom
 Queen's Ln, Oxford
 +44 1865 279000
 seh.ox.ac.uk

This historic two-story library at St. Edmund Hall, a college of Oxford University, was completed in 1686. The library’s architecture and its encased literature collections reflect the long history of the Hall, and is believed to be the first Oxford library to have shelves against the walls and the last to chain up its books. The volumes themselves reflect the intellectual life in Oxford in the late 17th and 18th centuries, with topics spanning theology, history, literature, science, geography, and poetry. Some of the 4,300 books date as far back as the 15th century.Today, the college also has a modern library, though researchers can still access the old library.

Created by: tourdimensional

Source: Matterport website